MindsetGo is looking for a creative, knowledgeable, and passionate individual with the technical expertise and drive to shoot and edit promotional videos for our website, newsletters, and client base. As Video Editor/Videographer intern you would be at the forefront of our marketing team, collaborating with social media and other outreach efforts to strengthen MindsetGo’s online presence. Additionally, your work will be integral in our workshops that provide client services such as video resumes and other shareable media. This is a unique opportunity to work on both strategy and execution and see your work have a real impact not just on the brand, but on the current and future fans that follow, love, and work with MindsetGo. Because MindsetGo is a relatively small but growing company, you will be directly involved in decision-making and have the chance to collaborate one-on-one with the President of the company. We would also love to work with you so you can receive academic credit for this internship!
MindsetGo is a forward-thinking, fast-paced company that trains people of all ages to be more confident and skilled communicators through experiential learning workshops and coaching. Our three programs: Student Success, Family Success and Professional Success develop skill sets, support mindfulness around habit change and embrace a growth mindset. Our areas of expertise include: customer and employee engagement, sales training, career path development, and public speaking/presentation skills. We also do motivational speaking engagements and teach parents how to connect and relate to their children more effectively. We often pair with community and learning organizations to uniquely tailor each of our programs to our specific audience, so with this internship you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects, making every experience different and exciting!
Interns will be directly involved in decision-making and have the chance to collaborate one-on-one with the President of the company. We would also love to work with you so you can receive academic credit for this internship! All positions are 8-15 hours, but flexible depending on company needs. If you are receiving this internship for academic credit and have weekly hour requirements from your college/university, please let us know.
Location: Our office is located on 18 Lyman Street in Westborough, MA, but much of our project-based work can be done from the comfort of your dorm, apartment, or home. Ask Mark (contact info. below) for more details when you apply!
Who are you?
- Well-organized with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments.
- Great oral, verbal, and visual communication skills to contribute to the humble voice of MindsetGo and our online presence.
- Evidence of video editing/production in the past (coursework, extra curricular, etc.)
- Working understanding of social media platforms and available tools.
- Insight into video marketing preferred.
- Willing to work independently with results-oriented work ethic.
- Entrepreneurial passion.
- Preferred Majors: Video Production/Film Making, Photography, Art, Theater, Business, Marketing, Communication.
- Preferred GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
How can you help us?
- Contribute 8-15 hours per week*
- Shoot and edit video projects as assigned.
- Log, catalog and file footage into footage library
- Set up, break down and operation of video cameras, microphones, lights, teleprompters and other associated equipment at events.
- Contribute videos for marketing pieces including but not limited to: emails, newsletters, social media, and client services.
- Conceptualize promotional video content in collaboration with marketing team.
- Attend student, parent, and professional workshops to capture material.
- Attend marketing meetings and focus group discussions.
- Contribute to the development of direct and indirect marketing campaigns.
*Flexible depending on company needs. If you are receiving this internship for academic credit and have weekly hour requirements from your college/university, please let us know.
We are looking for bright, motivated, and passionate people who are hungry for practical experience and collaboration. As an additional benefit to joining the team at MindsetGo, you will develop transferable workplace skills that will help you stand out from your peers. As a young but quickly developing company, enjoy a positive and energizing environment.
How to Apply
Please email Mark Altman at firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on September 5th with your resume and a brief video showing you answering, or written answers to the following questions:
Why do you see yourself as a confident communicator? What are the skills you are looking to develop in this internship and why? What are three ways you differentiate yourself personally and professionally? I look forward to hearing from you.